The quick and easy Apple Dumpling Recipe:
2 Medium Apples
1 (8 counts) pkg refrigerated crescent rolls
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup of orange juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cinnamon & finely chopped nuts (to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 350*. Grease 8-inch baking dish.
2. Peel and core apples. Cut each apple into fourths. Unroll and separate crescent rolls. Wrap each apple section in a crescent roll and place in baking fish. Sprinkle with cinnamon according to your taste.
3. Combine sugar, orange juice, and butter in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour over apple dumplings. Sprinkle pecans over top, according to your taste.
4. Bake 30 minutes, or until crust is golden and beginning to bubble.
5. To serve, spoon some of the syrup from baking dish over dumpling. Serves 8.
Easy and great with a scoop of ice cream, yum!